Veteran Recruiting (VR) in partnership with many of America’s most veteran friendly companies are teaming up to help at least 20,000 women veterans find meaningful employment by 2018 through the Women Veterans Jobs Initiative (WVJI). All companies who support the WVJI can post jobs for free on the website, and companies who wish to have a stronger presence, can purchase sponsorships in the women veterans virtual career fairs.
There is no cost to support the WVJI.
- There are more than 2 million women veterans in the country today
- Women make up 9.2% of all veterans
- 13% of the veteran labor force are women
- 20% of Gulf War II veterans are women
- Companies are asked to report the total number of Women Veterans (who self-identify) they hire each quarter
- Companies will demonstrate a commitment to hiring Women Veterans, and share best practices with other companies
- VR will compile the total number of women veteran hires each quarter and report the collective number on the website